proper techniques for sensitized skin
Proper techniques for sensitized skin
Heard the phrase “less is more”? It really applies to those with sensitive or sensitized skin. Follow these skincare dos and don’ts to help cut down on redness, reactivity, and flare-ups.
- Do not use hot water when cleansing.
- When cleansing, if the skin is too sensitized even for water, use a tissue or gentle non-fabric cloth to remove the product.
- Don’t use excessive or abrasive movements. Instead, go for gentle, upward circles.
- Speak to a skincare professional about a “less is more” product regimen that will help calm skin, reduce redness, and protect against flare-ups.
- Be mindful of exfoliants. First, speak with a professional skin therapist to see if exfoliation is right for your skin. If it is, he or she will recommend a gentle exfoliant that won’t scratch or inflame the skin.
- Use a moisturizer that helps block potentially-irritating pollutants from aggravating the skin. These ingredients include:
- Evening Primrose
- Shea Butter
- Vitamin E
- Oat Kernel Extract